The Transportation for America (T4A) Campaign is seeking a smart and motivated Michigan Field Organizer to direct the development of a diverse coalition of prominent state and local organizations working in key regions of Michigan to reform federal transportation policy.
The Michigan Field Organizer will report to the T4A Campaign Field Director in Washington DC and will be housed in the Michigan Environmental Council offices in Lansing, MI. The successful applicant will work closely with the existing Michigan transportation reform network to expand the coalition, build leadership, and meet local capacity-building goals.
- This is a full-time position with some work on nights and weekends required.
- Experience managing field operations and coalition organizing on a political or issue campaign is a MUST.
- Candidate must be available for travel on a frequent basis throughout MI and to Washington, DC.
- Strong applicants will be dynamic individuals who are prepared to speak to diverse audiences and organize events for NGOs, business leaders, and elected officials.
- This position requires a self-motivated and detail-oriented person with excellent organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and will fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision.
To find out more about Transportation for America please visit our website, T4america.org, where you can read about us and view our partners.